French Monogramme Linen Pot Holders by Thieffry Freres & Cie
Produced by a French firm dating to 1837, these linen pot holders are made from flax harvested from the Netherlands, France and Belgium. A wonderful addition to the kitchen.
Other products by Thieffry Freres & Cie can be found here.
Dimensions: 7" dia. x 7"h.
Machine washable mild. Line dry. Low iron if desired. Does not pill.
The special qualities of linen are:
- Anti-moth- you can pass on the fabric as an heirloom
- Antiseptic – Linen has been used to cover wounds; resistant to bacteria and fungus
- No lint – wipes glassware with no streak
- Linen should be rolled when stored as it will memorize a crease
- The tensile of linen fabric three times stronger than cotton; three times stronger than wool
- The more linen is washed, the softer it becomes.
- Natural silica in flax fiber protects linen against rotting…that it why mummies that were wrapped in linen are still protected by their covering
- Linen is 40 times more absorbent than cotton and dries faster.
- It takes 1/5 the energy and water to cultivate and process flax into linen fabric.