Video: It's Springtime: Here's Some Classic Mid-Century Tulpenvasen
A video concerning Scandinavian Art Glass Design. A bit irreverent.
TheTulpenvasen were produced from the mid-1950s to early 1960s and were designed by Nils Landberg for Orrefors Sweden. Available in a number of styles and colors, the tulip vases were form-based interpretations of the life of the tulip.
Scandinavian design is fairly unique due to its focus on natural materials and minimalist appearance. Much of the influence concerning these designs comes from the natural world that the designers are immersed in on an everyday basis.
In Same Category
- Video: Feast Dinnerware by Chef Yotam Ottolenghi with a Nod to Marketing on a Tabletop
- Gaetano Pesce: A Discussion and Some Show & Tell
- The Glenturret Scotch Whisky: Ready to Compete in the US Market
- Video: It's Springtime: Here's Some Classic Mid-Century Tulpenvasen
- Video: Design vs. Collectability: The Michael Graves Tea Kettle by Alessi