French Monogramme Striped Border Linen Dish Towel by Thieffry Freres & Cie
French Monogramme Linen Dish Towel by Thieffry Freres & Cie
Produced by a French firm dating to 1837, these linen dish towels are made from flax harvested from the Netherlands, France and Belgium. They are sold as singles for easy mix & match.
Dimensions: 28" x 20.5".
Other products by Thieffry Freres & Cie can be found here.
White, Blue, Black and Red are usually in stock for immediate shipment.
The special qualities of linen are:
- Anti-moth- you can pass on the fabric as an heirloom
- Antiseptic – Linen has been used to cover wounds; resistant to bacteria and fungus
- No lint – wipes glassware with no streak
- Linen should be rolled when stored as it will memorize a crease
- The tensile of linen fabric three times stronger than cotton; three times stronger than wool
- The more linen is washed, the softer it becomes.
- Natural silica in flax fiber protects linen against rotting…that it why mummies that were wrapped in linen are still protected by their covering
- Linen is 40 times more absorbent than cotton and dries faster.
- It takes 1/5 the energy and water to cultivate and process flax into linen fabric.