French Monogramme Linen Napkins by Thieffry Freres & Cie
Produced by a French firm dating to 1837, these linen napkins are made from flax harvested from the Netherlands, France and Belgium.
Dimensions: 21" x 20".
Blue, Red, and Black Napkins are generally in stock. Allow 2-3 weeks for other colors.
The special qualities of linen are
- Anti-moth- you can pass on the fabric as an heirloom
- Antiseptic – Linen has been used to cover wounds; resistant to bacteria and fungus
- No lint – wipes glassware with no streak
- Linen should be rolled when stored as it will memorize a crease
- The tensile of linen fabric three times stronger than cotton; three times stronger than wool
- The more linen is washed, the softer it becomes.
- Natural silica in flax fiber protects linen against rotting…that it why mummies that were wrapped in linen are still protected by their covering
- Linen is 40 times more absorbent than cotton and dries faster.
- It takes 1/5 the energy and water to cultivate and process flax into linen fabric.