Two Piece Earthenware Soap Dish by D.R. Harris London
Two Piece Soap Dish by D.R. Harris
Made in Stoke-on-Trent especially for D.R. Harris by Burleigh at the Victorian Middleport Potteries. This beautiful two piece soap dish features a removable top section with drainage holes to ensure your soap does not become excessively damp and soggy. Made to original designs from Burleigh’s archives, using China clay.
The soap holding section of the dish measures 3.1" x 2.2" at the base and 3.9" x 3" at the top. This Soap Dish comfortably accommodates all D. R. Harris soaps.
Matching Hand Lotion. Toothbrush Cup and Soap Pump dispenser are available here.
Additional product by D.R. Harris is available here.
The story of D.R. Harris begins just before 1790 at No. 11 St. James's Street where Harris's Apothecary set up shop. Over the next fifty years the family established a reputation selling Lavender Water, Classic Cologne and English Flower perfumes to this fashionable quarter of London.
One of the proprietors, Henry Harris, was a surgeon, while Daniel Rotely (D. R.) was an early Pharmaceutical Chemist.
For over two centuries this family business in the centre of men's Clubland has served the gentry and the court of St. James's and in 1938 was awarded the warrant as chemists to her Majesty The Queen, later the Queen Mother which was held until her death in 2002. In 2002 they were also appointed as Chemists to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, an honor that was added to in 2012 when they received the Royal Warrant for Her Majesty the Queen.
Today D.R. Harris is still located in their traditional Chemists' shop at 29 St. James's Street.